My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://viaviands.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

About

Hi, I'm Megan. Welcome to Via Viands!

I live with Cary (boyfriend and dishwasher extraordinaire), Cori (roommate, sous chef, and Tornado of Clean), and Merry (vicious guard dog and fluffy WetVac) in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains of Northern California.

During a long year of teaching evil high schoolers, a former roommate wandered into the kitchen, where I was decorating a few dozen sugar cookies I'd made in a massive bout of stress-baking. She picked up a cookie and took a bite, then paused and turned to me thoughtfully.

"Megan," she said, "I hope your next job sucks this much."

Luckily for everyone involved, my new "job" (working as a personal chef and aspiring novelist) is way more fun, and I still get to make great food.

"Viands" is an archaic English word that means "food," so this blog is sort of my life through food.

Plus, as a former English teacher, how could I resist such a pretentious and wonderfully alliterative blog title?

Questions? Comments? Email me at viaviands [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment