I love braises and stews and creamy, delicious risottos. But sometimes, especially around the holidays, I crave fresh vegetables.
So the other night, we made three different salads for dinner. And they were all delicious.
* Sprouted Kitchen's Butternut Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Cider Dressing
* Smitten Kitchen's Warm Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad
* 101 Cookbooks' Broccoli Crunch Salad
To save time, we used the same dressing for the Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad and the Broccoli Crunch Salad: Cary's modified version of the Broccoli Crunch Dressing, and possibly my new favorite dressing.
Cary's Cashew Butter Dressing
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (cold works fine - add more little by little until you get your desired consistency)